Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information.
What personal information do we collect?
1. We may collect the following types of personal information:
- (a) name;
- (b) mailing or street address;
- (c) email address;
- (d) telephone number and other contact details;
- (e) age or date of birth;
- (f) credit card information;
- (g) your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- (h) details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- (i) any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- (j) information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- (k) any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
2. We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. For example, we may collect this information when you:
- (a) register on our website;
- (b) interact with our sites, services, content and advertising; or
- (c) invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
4. We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- (a) to enable you to access and use our website and products and services;
- (b) to operate, protect, improve and optimize our website, products, services and business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- (c) to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- (d) to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- (e) to consider your employment application;
- (f) to identify you;
- (g) to market our products to you;
- (h) to notify you if you have won a competition, promotion or prize;
- (i) to ensure the security of the account you hold with us;
- (j) to identify your behaviour, habits and preferences;
- (k) to enable any related bodies corporate and selected third party partners to send or contact you with regard to products and services they provide;
- (l) to assist you with enquiries or complaints;
- (m) to assess whether you pose a risk to our business;
- (n) to protect our rights and property. To whom do we disclose your personal information?
5. By utilising the Third Party Service(s) (such as obtaining a report), you acknowledge and agree that we may request that a real estate agent or any other third party (Agent) provide us with certain information about you, including: (a) whether or not you, or someone you purchased the Third Party Service(s) (such as a report) for, are the successful purchaser of the property with respect to which the Third Party Service(s) relate to; and (b) the legal name of the purchaser as well as the purchaser’s address as specified on the front page of the land sale contract (Purchase Information). You hereby authorise BYB to request the Purchase Information from the Agent and for the Agent to provide the Purchase Information to BYB. For the avoidance of doubt, you authorise BYB to provide to the Agent your name and the address of the property to which the Third Party Service(s) relate to in order for us to request the Purchase Information.
- (a) our employees and related bodies corporate;
- (b) third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- (c) professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- (d) payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- (e) our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- (f) anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- (g) specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- (h) other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law. We note that this list is not intended to be exhaustive and there may be other third parties in which we give your personal information to. Security
7. We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Business Referrer
8. “Referrer” means an incorporated company which operates a business and which has directed a third-party individual to us by signing them up through the web-based interface system during the course of their business (and not for example, simply by word-of-mouth) “Similar Service” means a business, product or service (whether ours or another parties) that is the same or substantially similar to the Referrer’s business, product or service. We will take all reasonable steps not to market any Similar Service to third-party individuals who have been referred to us by a Referrer. Links
10. You can access the personal information we hold about you if you contact us. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information. If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected. Making a complaint
11. If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take. Contact us